13 May 2013

Sippin' in Seersucker 2013! Another Extravaganza!!!

If you really want to make a friend, go to someone's house and eat with them...the people who give you their food give you their heart. - Cesar Chavez

Yes! It IS another post about a decadent night of exquisite food and drinks! What can I say? We live in an eating town and we are privileged to know some of the most excellent people who invite us to amazing events!

Last week I made matching seersucker shirts for our good friends, T and Z.



As payment for sewing, they generously gave us tickets to Sippin' in Seersucker! We went last year too and it's a damn good time! Lots of delicious treats from local restaurants, generously poured craft cocktails, amazing live music, AND a costume competition! It's a fundraiser for the Ogden Museum of Southern Art and hosted at the Canal Place Shops (read: the fancy mall).

So, here's our evening!

We started eating immediately, of course!


Grits and Debris from Mother's Restaurant

Buffalo Trace Old Fashioned!

Calamari Ceviche from...?

More friends arrived and the evening started hopping!

Let's eat all the things! Okay!
Undescribable and delicious science experiment from Root!

Kimchi Pancake with Pork Belly Hash from Booty's!

Rillettes (tasty!) on toast (stale brick) from Cleaver and Co!

For the seersucker competition, contestants really dialed it up this year! Our friend T was a finalist, but the evening was really all about the ladies in seersucker!

None of us were finalists, but we all looked like winners!

Seersucker Competition

The Bride - Yep! That's ALL seersucker!

The Winner! She made her dress herself!

 There was amazing live music by two bands (whose names I forgot to write down, oops - I blame the free cocktails)...

Hibiscus and Jalapeno Margarita from Bellocq

Awesome band! Yes, she is playing a washboard.

 It was a truly fabulous evening full of fun and the most wonderful friends you could hope to know!

Another amazing band! 

I managed to not eat ALL of these French Macaroons from Chicken Scratch!

 At the end of the night, there was just one more thing to do....take drunken photos in the parking garage! (Have no fear, 'twas not I who drove home)...


Last year, I made this green seersucker dress for the event.I didn't have the time or money to make a new dress this year, so I pulled out the old one. It's much too big! So, I took it in and decided to recreate a photo from Seersucker 2012 to casually mark my progress toward weightloss and fitness. Here are the before/after shots! Not too shabby!

Before - Cute Couple 2012

After - Smokin' Couple 2013


Before - May 2012

After - May 2013


Y'all probably get tired of me expressing how lucky I feel, but it's really true! Most of what makes my life exciting is directly the result of the incredible people who choose to share their adventures with me. Thank you all so much!



1 comment: