25 August 2010

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want

It's been an eventful week, to say the least! If the last three days were a lesson in a book, they would be called "Making Choices on the Fly." In a seemingly short period of time, my little mind has spun out of orbit, my stomach's been in knots, and I've barely slept; I've been a serious mess! I've felt, in general, ill-equipped to make decisions, whether they be routine or hugely important. In the end, I've had to be honest with myself about what I really want out of my new life. Bryan and I spent a lot of time before we moved talking about how we wanted/didn't want our lives to change, but in my efforts to find a way to make a living and become some super version of myself, I think I forgot those goals. So, I'm composing a list:

1. I want to live like an urban explorer. I want to walk, bike, and ride public transit as often as is humanly possible and enjoy the time and space I'm traveling through at all times.

2. I want to do work that is meaningful to me and that inspires me to be creative.

3. I want to explore all creative avenues available to me. Music, books, lessons, fabric, paint, language, photos, found objects, plants, animals, ideas, experiences, you name it!

4. I want to take lots of time to spend with my husband; traveling, talking, planning, playing scrabble, and everything else that makes him pretty much the most awesome person ever!

5. I want to spend more time with my friends. I want to cook and entertain more, and I want to surround myself with amazing people and spend more time having great conversations.

6. I want to be responsible with my lifestyle, but I do not want money to be the determining factor in what I choose to do.I strive to become a clever thrifter!

7. I don't want to constantly be in fear of, or stressed about, the outcome of things. There's never an excuse to not have a good time.


...I also want a 1972 El Camino in brown or blue with vinyl upholstery....a girl has to have at least one impossible dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment