05 April 2010

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are.

There have been no less than five moments today when I honestly felt like I couldn't continue. It seems I have either nothing or fifty things to do at any given moment. The realization that got me through today was that I didn't HAVE to continue, but I wanted to. As of this moment, 10pm, I have successfully (well, somewhat) maneuvered yet another hectic day...and I still love my job, my life, and all the people in it!

This weekend I had a whirlwind trip home to Kentucky to visit the fam! I had a brilliant night of hanging out with the Hardy clan on the back porch around a fire pit on a beautiful evening - what could be better! I visited with my grandmother in the hospital, and I'm ecstatic to report that she's doing remarkably better and will be moved out of the ICU into a regular room soon - what could be better! Saturday night a fab girlfriend and I went to my favorite Lexington drag show at Pulse - what could be better?!?!? This pic was intentionally blurry, but also adequately captures my condition toward the end of the evening...

After feeling stressed all day, I also thought I'd share some of the things I have to look forward to after a few days of chaos:

I have a meeting on Friday in New Orleans! We're *hopefully* going to find a house on Saturday! AND I have a fabulous new stash (thrifted as well as gifted from my fab hoarder mom) to explore soon! Check out these patterns I got for 29 cents each at a thrift shop in KY!!!! The 60's dress is my most fave!


And this gigantic ziplock bag? FULL of fabrics and fab childhood bedsheets!

And some gorgeous non-thrifted (but on sale) fabrics for spring dresses!

One of these days I'll have enough free time to use these things, but for now, it's exciting just to contemplate them. Enjoy your night, folks! And, when all else fails, just remember: as bad (busy, ugly, stressful) as life gets, at least you're not being mauled by a bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment