14 March 2010

The best way to predict the future is to invent it...

I don't know where to begin! I fear these last couple of weeks are only ripples in the ridiculous flood that is this spring. What season of change we are embarking on! This year promises a roller coaster of both stressful and exciting events and opportunities.

Since I last blogged, it has become spring in Mississippi! Sweet Pickles and I celebrated with some beery marys in the carport...



Also since I last blog, the destination of our big move became official! We are moving to New Orleans! B accepted a very generous offer to join the Anthropology department at Tulane to work toward his PhD! Here's a pic from when we visited for the Krewe de Vieux in February...I don't want to upload a picture of the house we're looking at for fear of jinxing the deal! This particular momentous change is going to be a major source of stress for several weeks to come, so please forgive if I get a little snappy at times!



There has also been a lot of stress over the recent weeks. My grandmother is still in the ICU and, while she's doing better now, our family still has a long road ahead of us. I flew up for an impromptu visit. I took a self-portrait of a dress I recently designed/made while I waited at the airport...



And yet another bit of excitement! It's almost time for the shrinker and I to take of for the Big Apple with students! Expect moments like this to be documented later...


I know, I know! It's all too much! Wish me luck this year! I will most definitely need it!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I love the fact that you can take time to show off an awesome design no matter what the situation! Really dig the dress... Would love a better view. Also think those shoes look WAY awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks, Cher! I also made (well, refashioned) the hot pink one in the last pic for an 80s themed fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete