12 April 2011

Hasty, apologetic catch-up post: Take 2

The Freret Street Market is a regular monthly market, but last Saturday marked the Freret Street Festival, a great kick off to street market season! Local artists and crafters shared their wares with the world! I bought this A-MA-ZING embroidered Bearded Lady Yearbook Photo! I almost DIED when I saw it and had to take it home with me!






There was carnival food, of course, as well as more fancy schmancy food offerings!




Two stages showcased several live music acts, and, to top it off, at the end of the day there was a roller derby bout in the parking lot of a local thrift store! Hoorah!




Oh, and I finally made some more stuff! The apron is from a vintage pattern which I now officially HATE, as it is so detailed and complex I could make a dress much faster. For the red market day dress, I used an old pattern I had re-sized from a now long-gone-and-forgotten proper pattern. Both are from refashioned bedsheets.


No comments:

Post a Comment