12 February 2010

As I sit at work, daydreaming about craft time!

I've been in a winter funk. As my shrinker friend, Sweet Pickles, would put it - this weather has given me a major case of the SADS. I'm proving myself a lazy slob by not fulfilling my self-promise of returning to my pre-holiday workout regime, and all of our work and travels to plan for B's return to school has me tired and stressed (albeit pretty excited too!).

I've been inspired by the creative people around me and am just itching to do some major crafting! As you know, I'm relatively OCD about these things, and will disappear for days on end, ignoring everything in my life that is not craft-oriented. I'm trying to think of a way to keep my life productive and creative at the same time. So, I'm going to try to dangle a carrot before my face...so to speak...

I really want to buy myself a new dress form (tried to upload fab picture here, but couldn't get it to work). But my house looks like an episode of Hoarders as it is, so I've decided that I can buy myself the form if I manage to get the spare room cleaned up enough that there is a place to put it. Granted, the spare room currently functions as the cat room, the craft room, the shoe show, my closet, makeup station, office, and general hidey-hole for stashing things when company comes. This could take a while. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment